Valley Park Board of Education
Board of Education Belief Statement
The Board of Education believes that the schools exist for the benefit of all students and that the schools belong to the people.
Roles and Qualifications
- The Board of Education is the corporate policy-making body of the District.
- The Board serves within the framework provided the law and the will of the local citizenry.
- The Board is governed by the Missouri General Assembly through the State Board of Education.
- The Board of Education is composed of seven members each of whom serves a three-year term without pay. Terms are staggered so voters elect either two or three positions each year.
- The Board election is held on a municipal Election Day, the first Tuesday in April. Board members are elected at-large. This means they do not serve a particular geographical area, but rather the entire population of residents.
- Members of the Board shall be citizens of the United States and resident taxpayers of the District. Members shall be at least 24 years of age.